Benefits of taking lessons with The Kite School
- Shallow, flat water – and the most consistent wind in the Bay Area for the water lessons.
- No other kiters – boats or any obstacles to distract your attention or place you in a hazardous situation.
- IKO certification – for every student upon completion of their class. (IKO – pls. see FAQ)
- IKO Benefits:
– A world-recognized proof of your being a safe and competent kiteboarder.
– Professional certified instructors.
– When travelling to different places, enables you to rent gear from IKO centers.
– Accessing beach parks which are restricted to IKO-certified riders.
– Becoming eligible for the IKO insurance.
- IKO Benefits:
- Personal watercraft – use for all our water lessons in order for the instructor to be next to you at all times, providing you with instant guidance and feedback.
- Picture and video – of your session can be taken in order to analyze and correct your performance.
- Certified Instructors – working full time as instructors and having many years of experience.
Our lesson packages
… is designed for people who never had a lesson and would like to get an introduction to kiteboarding. It can also be taken by students who just need a refresher course.
… our most popular course, is designed with the beginner in mind, and is tailored to people who never had a lesson and would love to get into the sport. For this package, we extend the Water Lesson into two sessions. 2 or 3-day course (1st land lesson and 1st water lesson back to back, 2nd water lesson scheduled on a different day)
In the Land Lesson, you will be taught about weather, obstacles and safety, choosing locations, flying a trainer kite, equipment set-up and safety systems.
In the Water Lessons, you will learn everything you need to know in order to become an independent kiter and begin practicing safely on your own.
… offers the same benefits as FastTrack, but includes additional water time. It can be helpful for gaining more confidence on specific techniques like relaunching, body-dragging upwind, self-rescuing or riding upwind.
… is designed to allow intermediate students to perfect their previously acquired skills and learn new ones, such as riding toeside, transitions and jumps.
… is offered to intermediate and advanced riders. Courses can be scheduled at our location, thus making use of jet-ski assistance, or at different riding spots around the Bay without jet-ski support.
We can help you improve in any area you feel challenged, whether it be making smooth transitions with the kite and board, boosting jumps, learning rotations and grabs, or nailing handle passes.
Riding waves can be another option..