The Kite School has identified a series of skills that need to be mastered in order to learn in the fastest and safest way possible.
- Theory – The big picture. Understanding the goals, the process, and the terminology. Learn how to choose a location, evaluate wind direction, and understand safe conditions.
- Setting up the Equipment – How to handle the kite and lines from set-up to launch.
- Pre-Flight Check – What you will need to do before you launch.
- Assisted Launches – Learn to launch and land with an assistant.
- Kite Control – Proper methods of using the control bar and flying the kite.
- Power Intake – Complete understanding of the wind window.
- Use of all safety systems
You are now ready for your First Water Lesson!
- During the course, you will improve kite piloting with power
- One handed kite piloting, body dragging
- Body dragging upwind
- Body dragging holding the board
- Self rescue
- Getting up on the board and riding away
- Perfecting your water relaunching techniques
- Right of way rules, riding etiquette and more!!!
for people who would just like to try and get an introduction kiteboarding.
The course will provide a complete Land Skills lesson and a basic Water Skills lesson.
Everything you need to know to begin practicing on your own safely afterwards.
The course will provide the skill set needed to become a safe, independent, kiteboarder while avoiding the frustration typical in early stages of learning.
The FastTrack course can be divided over 2 or 3 days. At your preference, the Land Lesson and the first Water Lesson can be scheduled back to back on the same day (schedule permitting).
Day 1: complete Land Lesson (2 hours)
Day 2: first Water Lesson (2 hours)
Day 3: second Water Lesson (2 hours)